Make it simple but healthy: a guide for easy meat-free recipes
Here is the thing. I love eating. I also like making the food that I eat but finding an idea for a meal, choosing a recipe from the dozen of books I have and making things from scratch is way too overwhelming for me! However I recently discovered that I really enjoyed getting creative with simple meals but good quality food. Healthy eating is key to a balanced and healthy life but unfortunately, our lifestyle doesn’t always allow us to find that balance, or so we think… I am not a genius cook but I am curious and passionate about finding happiness in being mindful through cooking without it to be time consuming. What we put in our stomach, in our body defines our wellbeing. It is to me a fasinating topic that I’d love to share with you.
So here is the first easy recipe you can make that I’ve just made tonight 🙂
VEGETABLE STIR FRY WITH RICE NOODLES
WHAT YOU NEED
- One pack of fresh rice noodles
- 4 carrots
- 2 spring onions
- 4 normal size tomatoes or 6 small tomatoes
- 1 courgettes
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Garlic paste
- Salt and pepper
- A nice touch to it: some hot chilly sauce
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Chop everything as you want it: so far so good (see picture for some guidance!)
- Put 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in the frying pan and once it is hot, add the carrots
- Stir it on and off for about 10min
- Add some garlic paste (maybe the equivalent of a teaspoon but it is really up to you!) and mix it all up
- Add some salt and pepper (go easy on the salt as we will be adding soy sauce)
- Put your courgettes in and stir for 10min
- Add the spring onions and tomatoes. Stir for 5 min
- Add 2 tablespoon of soy sauce (it can be more but bear in mind it is quite salty!)
- Put the noodles in and stir it for a couple of minutes. Then add the coriander.
- Finally add the chilli sauce! Highly recommended!
And TADA…! You will have included various vegetables & some healthy (gluten free) carbs!
Enjoy and take care of yourself x